WHAT IS IT?
Enhance efficiency, reduce data entry errors and improve the quality of patient care by allowing medical devices to seamlessly and securely share data with one another and EMR systems automatically.
WHY YOU NEED IT
Medical devices, like other computer systems, can be vulnerable to security breaches, potentially impacting the safety and effectiveness of the device. This vulnerability is escalating as medical devices are increasingly connected to the internet, hospital networks, smartphones, and to other medical devices.
HOW WE DO IT
We evaluate your network security, make recommendations, and implement security protocols to protect your devices and your practice including:
- Restricting unauthorized access to the network and networked medical devices.
- Making certain appropriate antivirus software and firewalls are up-to-date.
- Monitoring network activity for unauthorized use.
- Protecting individual network components through routine and periodic evaluation, including updating security patches and disabling all unnecessary ports and services.
- Contacting the specific device manufacturer if you think you may have a cybersecurity problem related to a medical device. If you are unable to determine the manufacturer or cannot contact the manufacturer, the FDA and DHS ICS-CERT may be able to assist in vulnerability reporting and resolution.
- Developing and evaluating strategies to maintain critical functionality during adverse conditions.
WHAT YOU GET
- HIPAA Compliance
- Secure data transfer
- On-site support
- Peace of mind
- More time for patients
- Expert advice
Does your practice need a checkup?
Our diagnostics will help you see where your technology measures up or falls short, and give you the information you need to improve your IT security, efficiency and overall tech health.
And, best of all—its 100% free of charge.